I always feel like somebody's watching me.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Worthy of Stephen King

After an excruciating trip to the grocery store with three Velociraptors disguised as my children, I made the impostors earn their keep by cleaning the house.

My eldest daughter's cleaning territory was her bathroom. She scrubbed the toilet, the sink, the counter and the mirror, hopefully not in that order. Soon after she finished her task, she decided the loose tooth that had been plaguing her had to come out. She yanked out a loose canine last night, and informed me that it's soon time for braces.

Tonight, it was a molar. Two teeth in one weekend is a new record for our family and I have decided that I need to go out and check the back field for glowing alien space craft. The Tommyknockers are coming. I don't care if my kid IS taken over by alien entities. I don't like dirty sinks and the Crocodile Dentist had to redo her scrub job, much to her dismay.

I also very much dislike pulling loose teeth, and am appreciative of the aliens and the work they do.

7 comments:

  1. When my three Velociraptors used to embarrass me in the grocery store, I'd say, "Aunt Joyce isn't taking you anywhere anymore!" Now that they've morphed into adults, I've been called "Aunt Joyce" when I embarrass them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm gonna be Aunt Heidi from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So getting your kid to clean the bathroom is like pulling teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HS-HARHARHAR! Actually, that's funny as heck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooner or later, you are going to have to make a Stand! Mkae sure your cornfield doesn't have Flagg roaming around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't read past that you have three kids and have enough bathrooms that a kid has her very own.

    Did you hijack a condominium?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha no. We actually only have 2 bathrooms. One is the kids' and one is "ours" but they like to use it better than their own. :P

    ReplyDelete